NZAC AGM and Horticulture Conference – 2017
New Zealand Asparagus Council invites you to attend the 2017 New Zealand Asparagus Council (NZAC) Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Horticulture Conference on Wednesday 12 – 14 July being held at the ASB Baypark, Mt Maunganui.
The Horticulture Conference is a showcase for the entire industry. More than 400 growers and industry suppliers attend to network, learn and be inspired.
The theme this year is Healthy Food For All Forever.
There will be some interesting and thought provoking speakers across the three days.
The NZAC AGM is to be held at 1pm on Wednesday 12 July. AGM is free to attend. Only members who have paid their 2016/17 levy are eligible to vote at the AGM.
The conference runs for three days. The first day is dedicated to sessions for members of New Zealand Asparagus Council, Tomatoes New Zealand Inc, and Vegetables New Zealand Inc. This includes a dinner especially for the members of these product groups, and invited guests, including the Board of Horticulture New Zealand. The two remaining days are open to all delegates with an interest in horticulture in New Zealand.
- Refer to this link for the most up to date Programme: http://www.confer.co.nz/hortnz2017/programme/
Your Registration for NZAC AGM and Horticulture Conference (12 – 14 July):
Eve has secured reduced pricing for attendance of day 1 only of the horticulture conference. This is unique to members and associates of the New Zealand Asparagus Council and is not being offered by any other product group.
If you decide to take up the day-only option, you will be invoiced for registration. The cost will be subsidized through sponsorship.
Please register through this link: https://horticulturenewzealand.formstack.com/forms/conference_registration
You are responsible for finding your own accommodation in Mt Maunganui. Have a look through some options here: http://www.confer.co.nz/hortnz2017/accommodation/
The Rules require:
- The form nominating a proxy is attached and needs to be completed and returned by 5pm on Friday 7 July 2017 (three business days before the AGM). Click here for Proxy form
- The election of the Chairman at the AGM. The Chairman must be a grower member. Enclosed find the nomination form for the Chairman. Nominations close at 5 pm on Wednesday 21 June 2016 (21 days before the AGM). Click here for Chairman Nomination Form
- The election of up to three post-harvest representatives by the post-harvest operators (this election is to be held before the AGM). Enclosed find the nomination form for the post-harvest representatives. Nominations close at 5 pm on Wednesday 14 June 2017 (28 days before the AGM). Click here for Post Harvest Nomination Form
- Each District Association to notify their grower representative. These nominations are required by 5 pm on Wednesday 14 June 2017 (28 days before the AGM).
Remits for the New Zealand Asparagus Council Inc AGM on Wednesday 12 July can be accepted up until 5pm Wednesday 14 June 2017. Please phone or email me on (04) 470 5668 or Eve.Williams@hortnz.co.nz if you need more information. Click here for Remit form
Your attendance and participation at the AGM and Conference is of immense value to our industry and we would encourage you to attend.
We look forward to seeing you at the Horticulture Conference 2017.
Tony Rickman Eve Williams
Chairman, New Zealand Asparagus Council Business Manager, New Zealand Asparagus Council